Minimum Age for Enrolment
Please note, the minimum age for enrolment on Short Courses at Hartwyn is 18 years at the course start date.
Application Process, Payment and Fees
- Application and payments are only accepted via our online booking service provided by WooCommerce.
- The payment of any monies whatsoever is deemed as acceptance of these terms.
- Reservations can be made on a case-by-case basis by email but are at Hartwyn’s discretion.
- Booking will only be secured upon payment of either the full fee, or a deposit. Hartwyn will not reserve spaces on any course pending receipt of an application and payment.
Cancellation of Courses and Changes to Courses by Hartwyn
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel entire courses. Reasons for this are at our own discretion may be, but not restricted to, low enrolment numbers, weather warnings, teacher availability and other outlier events.
- In the event of the cancellation of an entire course by Hartwyn, we will endeavour to offer a replacement and if this is not suitable, a refund.
- We may be required to cancel an individual class at short notice. Reasons for this may be but not limited to, teacher absence, weather warnings, or unforeseen building/facility issues. Wherever possible we will endeavour to offer a replacement class.
- In the event of any cancellation or date change of an individual class, Hartwyn may (but are not obligated to) offer a refund in part or complete.
- Publicised course teachers (web and print form) may be subject to change due to teacher unavailability. Where there is a change in teacher, Hartwyn will endeavour to give as much notice as possible in advance of individual classes or the course start date.
- Should any course or class be cancelled and a refund be provided, any merchant /transaction fees paid will be forfeited. Proof of or infotmation on the breakdown of these costs can be provided on request but usually range from 2%-4% depending on the merchant and product.
Hartwyn is not responsible for any additional costs you may have incurred, including costs for travel or accommodation, as a result of cancelled courses, classes or changes to courses made by Hartwyn.
Cancellations and Refunds – Student Cancellations
- Once you have made payment to Hartwyn as part of the application process, you are deemed to have a contract with Hartwyn. You have the right to cancel this contract with us with no obligation other than the aforementioned merchant / transaction fees. The cancellation period will expire at the end of 14 days after you have made payment.
- In the event that you wish to cancel or amend your course place after this time, please see table below for an overview of our policy.
- On occasion, payment plans and deposit schemes may be available. The payment of any monies denotes the reservation of a course place and activation of these terms and conditions in full. The first payment denotes the beginning of the cancellation period and is only refundable in line with the rest of these terms. Should you wish to cancel within a certain period of the course start date (as per the table below) further course fees may still be payable.
|Date of Withdrawal||Fee Refund|
|More than 30 days before the course start date||We will refund all fees paid by you, minus the merchant / transaction fees.|
|Between 30 and 14 days before the course start date||We will refund 50% of the fees paid by you, minus the card transaction fees.|
|Less than 14 days before the course start date||No refund will be made for any fees paid by you.|
In the event that a refund is made, reimbursements to you will be processed using the following method:
|Original Payment Method||Reimbursement Method|
|Credit/debit card (online or in person)||Same card as payment, unless the card has expired, in which case BACS|
|Gift voucher||Gift voucher|
We will endeavour to process refunds as quickly as possible, but please be aware that due to factors outside of Hartwyn’s control, it may take up to 3 weeks.
- Course fees do not include books, etc. Please check course details on our website for the most up to date information regarding additional materials that may be required. We advise against purchasing any materials in advance of the course commencing, as any associated costs are not the responsibility of Hartwyn and are purchased at your own risk should the course be cancelled.
- Any materials, recordings, slides, supporting documents or templates given out on the course remain the intellectual property and copyright of Hartwyn Ltd. All rights reserved. This material or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of Hartwyn Ltd