What do you get?
You get to learn the science and craft of natural building on one of our free 16-week (approx) natural building courses. We exchange your hard work for a free education in natural building unlike any other in the UK.
You will learn:
- A practical hands on education of how to build a straw bale house from foundations to finishes. You will learn: Roundwood framing, conventional stick framing, brick foundations, lime mortar, straw bale installation, hempcrete, clay plaster, lime plaster, carpentry, earth floors… and spoon carving.
- Educational classroom sessions on each stage of the build, including: materials science, design details, natural materials & everything else that comes up. The classroom sessions are build into the build schedule. It is our utmost commitment to educate in return for your hard work.
No building experience necessary, just the right attitude.
What we require from you
- Attendance 5 days a week, 9 til 5. On time and eager. This is a real life build site, building for real clients!
- Commitment to the entire duration of the build.
- A good attitude to hard work and a thirst for knowledge.
What we provide for you
- 3 meals a day will be provided, all delicious, healthy, vegetarian.
- Camping on site with toilets, showers and communal space or in local accommodation depending on site.
- Field trips to local builds and events.